Each year the Ambassadors for Community Health - Auxiliary at St. David’s Medical Center (A4CH) award scholarships to students pursuing a degree in fields related directly or indirectly to the delivery of healthcare services. To date, A4CH has given more than $2,000,000 in scholarships to Texas Healthcare students. Scholarships are awarded to students attending a Texas college or university and who are currently enrolled or have been accepted into a Master’s Level healthcare program or higher (with the exception of BSNs) at the time of application. The awards are per semester and are awarded for Fall and Spring semesters only.
Eligibility requirements are as follows. Students must:
1. have been accepted or be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's level healthcare program or higher in the State of Texas such as, but not limited to, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, or physical therapy
2. attend school as a full-time student or full-time equivalent as determined by your educational institution for the scholarship period
3. provide proof of US Citizenship or permanent resident status
4. pass a background investigation
5. be able to participate in a phone interview with the Scholarship Committee on a designated date in April
6. not be a St. David’s Healthcare employee eligible for tuition reimbursement
Scholarship Recipients: 2022-2023
Scholarship Recipients: 2020-2021
Scholarship Recipients: 2019-2020
History of the Program
Conceived in 1955, the scholarship program is a true cornerstone of the A4CH’s mission. While the scholarship awards, focus, and process have changed over the intervening years, the outcome remains consistent: scholarship awards for students studying a healthcare discipline. More methodical awards tracking was initiated in 1992. Since then, scholarship awards have tallied just over $2,000,000. This academic year (2023-2024) another group of scholarship awards will boost that tally.